The Business Challenge
Legacy approaches to reporting treat data as a two-dimensional grid: metrics and dimensions that describe what happened, but don’t address the “why” behind the visualized data, and don’t suggest “what” should be done in reaction to it.
Such “old school” reporting just isn’t helpful. It can discourage business users from relying on reporting. Complex or “busy” reports hinder marketers from understanding how they should allocate their marketing budgets, increase RoAS, or identify strongest branding or performance channels.
Sub-standard reports lead to slower decisions and lack of clarity around what actions should be taken to properly respond to changes.
The Benefits of Solving It
Well designed reports connect four key elements:
- The “hypothesis” (what was supposed to happen)
- The “inputs” (what actually happened)
- The “drivers” of those inputs (why did it happen), and
- The “insights” (what I should do next)
When built on a strong technology architecture with properly collected first-party data, good reports can help transform your business and lead to quicker and better marketing decisions.
Our Approach to Data Visualization
- DELVE consultants will interview stakeholders at your organization to identify key friction points: which reports are working and need to be improved, which reports are unhelpful, and what new insights need to be generated to drive better/faster decisions.
- DELVE’s Engineering team will review your current technology architecture and sources of data such as a data lake or customer data platform, and your backend such as Google Cloud Platform.
- At the same time, DELVE data visualization Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) will gather and review your brand’s existing reports.
- DELVE SMEs will produce mock-ups of the new reports to obtain feedback and initial reactions from your key internal stakeholders.
- DELVE SMEs will then code and productize all relevant reports in packages such as Google Studio, Looker, Power BI or Tableau.
- All new reports will be automated, and all the documentation related to those reports will be handed over to your internal reporting team—or the DELVE team can continue to maintain and update the reports and backend infrastructure.
- Reports that generate actionable insights and explain the drivers or changes in top KPIs
- Storytelling, not just reporting
- Quicker decisions empowered by insights that are logical and substantiated by data
Take Control of Your Future
Are you ready to build a data-driven culture where your people, process, and technology become a competitive advantage?contact us