Delve Deeper! Join one of Inc 5000’s fastest-growing companies as a Data Scientist DELVE is an analytics-first media consultancy and top-rated Google Marketing Platform, Google Cloud Platform, TheTradeDesk, Amazon AWS partner and reseller that provides strategy, insights, execution, and optimization of customer data to improve digital media ROI. DELVE aims to help emerging Challenger brands achieve their goals in Digital Marketing through the power of white-glove, data-driven service.
This position will challenge you to deliver intelligent machine learning-driven marketing insights, predictions, and recommendations in a consultant-client setting. Using your creativity, technical programming skills, and passion for problem solving, you will develop and deploy cloud-based data science solutions solving real world marketing business problems. The successful data scientist will be an independent self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and able to transform vague client business problems into tangible machine learning projects aimed at delivering measurable economic value.
You should exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy tackling quantitative problems that most other people cannot solve. You are the kind of person that enjoys figuring out ways to use programming to automate manual tasks and optimize decision making. You also love “geeking out” and discussing different approaches and theories to solving problems with machine learning. You are curious and have a passion for knowledge discovery using data!
- Advanced level proficiency with Python or similar programming languages (R, SAS, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with SQL
- Experience creating data pipelines and developing/deploying machine learning models in a business setting
- Demonstrated experience communicating the results of complex business intelligence or data science projects to non-technical business stakeholders in the form of visually appealing and coherent slide decks.
- Competence in data cleansing, transformation, and model feature creation/abstraction/selection specifically for machine learning
- Passion for data storytelling and quantitative analysis
- Deep understanding of the pros and cons of various data science approaches/methodologies and proven ability to select the best approach for any given problem (supervised vs unsupervised learning, regression vs classification, etc)
- Ability to communicate complex topics in simple terms using visuals, diagrams, and analogy
- Moderate competency with at least 1 BI visualization platform (Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio, Looker)
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, physics, math, economics, finance or other quantitative field
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-pace, high-change environment
- A flexible mindset that is energized, not frustrated, by the messiness common to rapidly growing organizations.
Who We Are:
DELVE is a fast-paced company with a list of high-profile customers across the USA and EU. Among our key clients are UNICEF, Wynn, Virgin, Gerber Life, ALG and AT&T. We are growing rapidly and we look for collaborative, ambitious, candid, and energetic teammates.
At DELVE, we prioritize our people. With so much talent, we recognize the importance of our employee’s well-being and will go above and beyond to ensure they work in the best environment that fosters personal and professional growth. We care about our culture and reward creativity and determination. We are also in the process of becoming B-Corp certified and carbon neutral. Our team looks for data-driven, problem-solving, and agile people who take work personally but still know how to have fun.
DELVE is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in New York, Warsaw, and Minsk.
What DELVE Offers:
- Ownership of your work, responsibility to make things happen and the opportunity to make a real difference
- An opportunity to join a fast-paced and exciting global business in the data science/ad-tech sector
- A culture that emphasizes honesty, collaboration, growth and personal responsibility
- A competitive salary and quarterly bonus opportunities
- A promote from within culture and the chance to define your career growth
- Fully paid health and dental insurance
- Safe harbor 401k with 4% company match
- Optional life insurance, disability insurance and flexible-spending account
- 2-3 work from home days per week & flexible working hours based on team requirements and management discretion (all employees are required to work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic until it is safe to return back to office)
- 15 days of PTO + 10 yearly paid holidays + a paid end of year holiday week
- 8 sick days
- 3 months paid parental leave
- $1,000 Wellness Benefit
- Brand new office in Louisville, CO (just outside Boulder), built and designed exclusively for DELVE
Salary range for this position (dependent on experience and expertise):
Junior Data Scientist: $70k – $125k
Senior Data Scientist: $100k – $180k+
Plus bonus potential and is based on prior experience and qualifications.
Delve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity enriches the workplace and we are committed to growing our team with the most talented and passionate people from every community. Delve strives to create a culture of unity and respect and to that end, we have a zero tolerance policy for behavior that promotes harassment, hate and discrimination of any kind. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. If you require assistance during the application process due to a disability, please let us know.