We’ve come a long and exciting way from installing our first web marketing analytics tracker a decade ago, to developing complex enterprise data implementations for multi-billion dollar brands in 2020. As with pretty much anything in life, we’ve seen ups and downs, stumbled at many turns, and inquired invaluable expertise as we garnered people, knowledge, and great partners around our passion. All mistakes we made and the achievements we earned laid the foundation of our ’collective wisdom’ around web marketing analytics services.
Now that the new decade revealed it’s tough challenges around the globe, we decided to recenter and pause for a moment to share our thoughts, expertise, and tips with those who stay curious and eager to learn more about the world of digital marketing and analytics. So, having said that, what better place than here, and what better time than now?
Web Marketing and Analytics
Our team of web and marketing analytics experts banded together to deliver a new series of marketing and analytics articles and spotlights to share the frontline knowledge and encourage digital professionals to onboard new technology and get inspired to nurture data culture in their company.
In this series, we’ll be talking to digital marketing managers, data and web analytics professionals, analytics consultants, and business intelligence practice leaders about the tools, pitfalls, best practices, features, and integrations in web and mobile marketing analytics that drive business results.
We’re not trying to find a silver bullet that will fit all needs like a swiss army knife, but rather share our personal opinions on topics essential for an enduring, stable, and future-proofed web and app analytics practice. Every use case is always different, and there is no magical out-of-the-box solution that works at the flip of a switch while delivering unconventional results. But some custom tactics and strategies will help you get there.
In our compulsive drive to stay curious, we outlined nearly 50 topics in mobile and web marketing analytics that will form this new series of articles from the DELVE team.
What’s In The Box? Web Analytics Examples
Listed below are the topics and web analytics examples we’d like to share with you in the second half of the year. I hope you will find these articles simple, relevant, and encouraging so that you delve deeper and start building trust in your marketing and analytics data measurement program.
Path 1 – General Marketing and Analytics
- Web Marketing Analytics Series Introduction
- Marketing and Analytics Teams: Roles and Responsibilities
- Agile SAFe in Web Marketing Analytics Development
Path 2 – Google Web Analytics
- Analytics 360 Series: Analytics 360 as a Required Step Towards Enterprise-Level Analytics
- Analytics 360 Series: Google Marketing Platform Integrations – Access to Google Ecosystem
- Analytics 360 Series: Integration with BigQuery – Data Warehouse and Google Cloud Technology
- Analytics 360 Series: Connecting Online to Offline with the Salesforce Integration
- Analytics 360 Series: Data-Driven Attribution – Leveraging Customized Attribution Model
- Analytics 360 Series: Analytics 360’s Data Exploration Component
- Analytics 360 Series: Eliminating Data Limits in Analytics 360
- Weak Spots During Initial GA Setup
- Best Practices in Traffic Tagging. How to prevent mistakes at the planning stage
- Goals A to Z. Goals as a Measurement Tool
- Analysis: How is App+Web Taking the Lead Over Analytics 360
- The Present and Future of Attribution in Google Analytics
- Building Customer Journey in Analytics 360: What Works Best for Me?
- Tracking SPAs with Google Tag Manager
- GTM Zones: Perfect Tool for Multiple Needs
- Tag Manager 360 and Competitive Landscape of TMS
- Tracking Offline Conversions. How Does the “Data Import” Work
- Optimize 360 Overview: How to Talk the Same Language to a Customer
- Enhanced Ecommerce: Do I Collect and Interpret the Data Right?
- Custom Metrics and Dimensions. Expanding Your Tracking Abilities.
- Custom Alerts and Other Underestimated Features Available out of the Box
- PII Data: Why Should You Care
- GA Filters – Universal Tool for Multiple Needs
- Custom Channel Grouping as a Tool. Incorrect Tagging is not an Issue Anymore
- Content Grouping as a Tool. Performance Measurement and Reporting Enhancement
Path 3 – Google Mobile Marketing and Analytics
- Firebase — General Review of the Platform
- Mobile Solutions Rundown
- About Analytics Module — Firebase
- Crash Reporting. Is it useful? — Firebase
- What about events? — Firebase
- Tag Your App Events and Parameters Accurately
- Mobile App Taxonomy Best Practices
- Attribution Models in Mobile Analytics
- Closed Funnels vs. Open Funnels. What’s the Difference?
- Do you Actually Have the Real-Time App Data?
- Using Deeplinks in App Marketing
- A/B Testing in Mobile Analytics. How it works
- BigQuery Export with Firebase
- Mobile Analytics Integrations
- Basic Mistakes During Set-Up Process
- App+Web Property Review
- App+Web — How, Where, and Why?
- Features and Potential Benefits of Using App+Web
- Performance Reports in App+Web
- Geo-Ads Personalization Controls in App+Web
- Ecommerce Implementation with App+Web Property
Andy Semenihin, Head of Analytics, established the Data Collection practice at DELVE while building a team of professionals in mobile and web marketing analytics that services our Analytics, Tag Manager, Firebase, and Optimize clients. Also a musician and a big Pink Floyd fan.
Anton Dolgiy, Manager of Analytics, is an enthusiast of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and data analysis. He loves web marketing analytics measurement, outdoor sports, and traveling. Anton spent half a year in South East Asia to broaden horizons and gain inspiration for work and life.
Artem Izvekov, Web Analyst and senior mobile expert, has a background in different Google web analytics measurement and implementation systems such as Google Analytics, Google Analytics 360, Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize, and Google Firebase. He also has experience in the non-GMP stacks, such as Amplitude and AppsFlyer.
Dmitry Zelenko, Web Analytics Team Lead, has over 10 years of experience in IT and web analytics. He’s a complete ‘techie’ person who loves his job, new experiences, and leads web marketing analytics implementation projects at DELVE.
Without further ado, let’s jump right into the content! Stay tuned for our first blog post about Google Analytics 360 as a required step towards enterprise-level analytics very soon.
Andy Semenihin | Head of Analytics @ DELVE
Ready to take your ads to the next level?
DELVE is your strategic partner for site-side analytics, campaign management, and advanced marketing science. As experts in the Google Marketing Platform and Google Cloud Platform, DELVE drives client growth through a data-driven mindset that converts digital inefficiency into hard ROI.
SEE EXAMPLES of our experience and reviews from our clients.
Contact us to learn more about how we help our clients get advertising right.
Title: Senior Recruiter What are your job responsibilities?I recruit for the organization. I assist our corporate office in the recruitment process—posting jobs, sourcing candidates, assisting with interviews, extending offers—and help our Belarus and Poland offices, so we can excel at recruiting there as well. How long have you been at DELVE? Four weeks! What does a typical workday look like for you? I start my morning by checking who has applied to our current open roles and sending some short lists...
Name: Ryan Abely Title: Database Marketing Manager/Direct Marketing Manager What are your job responsibilities? I manage a team of database marketing analysts, and we deliver direct mail, email, and SMS campaigns for our clients. How long have you been at DELVE? Going on four years. What does a typical workday look like for you?My morning is usually spent catching up with my team in Minsk; they have a bit of a jump-start on me. They’re the ones who have the pulse on the production issues of the...
Your brand’s own first-party data is the key to maintaining advertising performance in a world without third-party data. In this webinar, hear from industry experts, Google and DELVE as they share strategies to improve return on ad spend and top-line revenue growth once third-party cookies and IDFA disappear. During the webinar, we discuss: How cookie deprecation impacts audience targeting in advertisingFirst-party data collection and second-party intent data sourcesApproaches to Identity...