3 New Google Marketing Platform Features to Grow Your Brand Now
In June 2018 Google announced Google Marketing Platform, the official merger of DoubleClick Digital Marketing and the Google Analytics 360 Suite into a solution that helps brands “plan, buy, measure and optimize digital media and customer experiences in one place.”
As a certified Google Marketing Platform Partner grounded at the intersection of ads and analytics, DELVE is thrilled by Google’s decision to unify these tools in a way that continues to bring full transparency to marketing performance.
The Google Marketing Platform was introduced in depth at Google Marketing Live last month, with a slew of exciting integrations and new features to help brands grow. While many of Google’s stellar features across DoubleClick Digital Marketing & Google Analytics 360 Suite will be retained with Google Marketing Platform, there are a few important product updates to call out:
- Google Analytics 360 is now Analytics 360: With the same best-in-class features and native integrations, Analytics 360 will offers additional machine learning capabilities to help brands discover new insights from their data. These predictive capabilities will be founded on a user-centric view, and will allow brands to better understand metrics like: probability to convert, predicted customer lifetime value, and more. As Google continues to innovate its analytics offering with Analytics 360, users can access premium capabilities such as advanced analysis, unsampled reports, Google BigQuery export, and data-driven attribution.
- DoubleClick Bid Manager is now Display & Video 360: Display & Video 360 brings together features from DoubleClick Bid Manager, Campaign Manager, Studio, and Audience Center. Display & Video 360 provides brands with the tool set needed to design, build, and execute ad campaigns from concept to completion, all in one place. Additionally, it integrates the best features from the now-deprecated Audience Center 360, offering an innovative media buying platform that’s fully integrated with the audience and targeting benefits of a data management platform.
- DoubleClick for Search is now Search Ads 360: Search Ads 360 provides an enterprise level solution for Paid Search management across the search platforms you use most, providing real-time optimization, measurement, and connectivity with other Google Marketing Platform products. Streamlined workflow and powerful reporting features enable buyers to efficiently run campaigns, while automated bidding improves campaign performance. Native integration with the Google Marketing Platform allows buyers to manage and track digital campaigns across a single platform, enabling rich, cross-channel buying, reporting and attribution.
Additionally, Google Marketing Platform will introduce a handful of novel features to help brands drive incremental growth in an extremely measurable way. The top 3 features to expect from Google Marketing Platform are:
- Cross Device Advertising, Remarketing, and Reporting: Long awaited and highly necessary in today’s multi-device world, Google Marketing Platform will now offer cross device reporting within the Audience module of Google Analytics, cross device advertising within Display & Video 360, and cross device remarketing with user-level frequency capping. This will give brands a cohesive, uninterrupted view of how customers are engaging with their media and site, from brand discovery to brand research and through to conversion, no matter the device path users meander through along the way. Cross device integration to this extent solidifies Google’s commitment to user-based marketing, and to providing its customers with the most accurate measurement and media targeting possible.
- TrueView for Reach & TrueView for Performance: TrueView video is the perfect platform for ensuring a brand’s ads are seen, boasting 95% viewability and a cost model that only bills against ads viewed to completion. Updates coming to TrueView will give brands two focused options for campaign optimization: optimizing against reach for pure awareness, or optimizing against specific actions for measured performance. This update diversifies TrueView’s usability in a way that allows for this high-performing platform to be customized to not only individual campaign goals, but individualized funnel strategy.
- Responsive Search Ads: Responsive Search Ads in Google Ads uses machine learning to mix and match up to 15 headlines and 4 description lines in an ongoing A/B/n test to help brands automatically determine optimal copy combinations. In a huge step forward toward easier, more intuitive, hyper-accessible campaign management, Responsive Search Ads removes most manual analysis from copy testing, to allow managers to focus on higher level campaign goals. Additionally, Responsive Search Ads will provide more flexibility, allowing for up to 330-character headlines and 290-character description lines.
By solidifying the DoubleClick Digital Marketing & Google Analytics 360 link that DELVE committed to three years ago (with Google’s release of the 360 Suite), Google Marketing Platform will provide an integrated solution for identifying, understanding, and building a relevant conversation with customers in a way that drives measurable brand growth.
And with ‘know your customer’ a tenement of media strategy here at DELVE, Google Marketing Platform’s focus on bringing customer-first marketing to the forefront of digital aligns perfectly with DELVE’s mission to help brands get in front of high value customers in a meaningful way.
Coincidence? Serendipity? – We’d like to believe its foresight fueled by passion but, so long as we’re driving informed growth for our clients, that’s merely a matter of semantics!
Check out our case study on the DoubleClick website to learn more about how DELVE helped BookIt drive over 20% increase in revenue with Google Marketing Platform.
Check out Google’s official announcement to learn more about Google Marketing Platform features.