Full-Time | Krakow, Poland / Minsk, Belarus
Delve Deeper! Join one of Inc 5000’s fastest-growing companies as a Cloud Data Engineer. A top-rated Google Marketing Platform Partner, DELVE is your strategic partner for site-side analytics, campaign management, and advanced marketing science. In this role, you will join an energetic growing team of analysts, data engineers, and data scientists that drives client growth through a data-driven mindset that converts digital inefficiency into solid ROI.
As a Data Engineer, your main goal is to connect and organize various client’s data sources using a coherent, manageable and maintainable cloud-based architecture that will allow Cloud Engineers and Data Scientists alike to provide straightforward solutions to business problems.
What will you do?
- Build scalable, highly performant cloud-based solution for integrating a variety of raw data sources, serving as a solid foundation for data loading and transformation problems.
- Develop and deploy batch & real-time data integration solutions, ETL processes, automated workflows that ingest data from both internal databases and external sources to manipulate, map and feed them into staging and dimensional model layers.
- Design, implement and enhance conceptual, logical and physical data models, i.e. database architectures and views addressing particular needs of analytics and data science.
- Implement industry’s best practices for collecting, transforming and accessing data. Deliver data integration and synchronization solutions that help to ensure robust data structures and allow for uncovering meaningful insights.
- Be in constant communication with data science team members and other relevant parties and convey results efficiently and clearly. Communicate with internal and external stakeholders and manage their expectations. Develop own expertise and share it with the team members to help grow the team.
What do we expect from you?
- Extensive experience with SQL, ETL, ELT and data transformation techniques and patterns
- Working experience with OLAP, Dimensional Modeling, Transactional data, normalisation
- Familiarity with bash scripting, workflow automation, Python (preferred) or Java
- Experience with cloud-based or distributed storages (Google, Azure, Amazon RedShift, S3, Snowflake, etc.) is an additional bonus, as well as Data Vault modelling, DBA experience
- Interest in Big Data ecosystem and frameworks (Apache Beam, MapReduce, Spark, Kafka and Databricks) would be a strong plus.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, Elasticseach) would be a plus.
- Familiarity with the basic principles of distributed computing.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be excited about collaborating daily with your team and other groups while working in a multi-national innovative company.
- Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have:
- Bachelor or Master degree – computer science, econometrics, operations research or statistics preferred.
- Previous work experience as a data engineer, database specialist, business analyst or data analyst
- Fluent English and excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to effectively communicate both with technical experts and management.
- Desire to further develop expertise in dimensional modelling and data engineering.
- Passion for leveraging optimal data structures to improve business processes and support decision making.
- Focus on providing relevant solutions to the clients’ challenges, which drive productivity, profitability, client satisfaction or other important business metrics.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work in a timely manner, also under time pressure.
- Professional experience and passion to further excel in the wider area of data engineering and architecture including data integration, ETL development, dimensional modelling, relational databases, cloud storage and big data.
Please submit applications with:
- A one-page description of the most interesting data integration solution you have built.
- 1-page resume attachment in PDF format.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked for the following before final round interviews:
- transcripts from all degree-earning colleges/universities
DELVE is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Please submit applications to mikalai.tsytsarau@delvedeeper.